JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My hot point wmud10637 begins every program with the pump

Hello, my hot point wmud10637 begins every program with the pump trying to pump out water. Once this cycle is finished it fails to add water to the wash. What can I do to resolve this issue?
Costa
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Costa,

There could be a number of potential issues, the most likely is the pump filter is blocked.

You mentioned some elements have already been replaced so I assume the filter has already been cleaned and you have checked the outlet hoses are not blocked?.

If cleaning the filter didnt resolve the issue it could be a overflow\aqua sensor, to narrow down the fault please advise what is shown on the display, and if any lights are flashing after if failed to drain, so I can determine the error code.

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi James,
I have removed the pump and checked for blockages and found none and I have taken of the drain cap off the front of the machine. Is that the filter? There are no error codes being shown on the front of the machine. The pump sounds like it's working as shown as it begins a program.
Is the aqua sensor within the pump?Costa
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

The aqua sensor should be separate from the pump mounted at the bottom, its designed to detect if there is water in the sump so the PCB knows when the water has been drained.

If your not getting any error codes, it would suggest the PCB has failed, as I would have expected the unit to show an error code after the pump runs and fails to get the unit in a suitable state.

A replacement control board would be around £100, however it appears its a discontinued part, which would suggest unfortunately the unit is uneconomical to repair, as the PCB's themselves are not repairable.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The only indication you can see is that the wash cycle reaches 001minute and doesn't ever end.. Could the pump be faulty as the original fault was that he drum wouldn't drain the water out. only after removing a blockage from the filter did it eventually drain out..
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

The easiest way to tell is fill the washer witha few buckets of water, run the drain programme and see if water is pumped out of the waste pipe.

If there was a pump fault it should generate an error code though, this combined with the fact you have emptied the filter means there is no water in the machine, the PCB should not be calling the pump at all (as there is no water to pump).

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Would you advise to replace the aqua sensor or the control board?
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

I would first find the aqua sensor and see if its open or short circuit, however the fact no error codes are shown on the display would make me think the fault is to do with the PCB\control board.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thanks for the help. I'll check the aqua sensor first.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is the aqua switch the same as a linear pressure switch ?
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

They are not the same thing, but you normally only have one or other in the machine, as they perform the same task, one works based on a float actuating a switch as water rises, the other works based on pressure.