JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

What is the switch which is red and for beside the the

Customer Question

what is the switch which is red and white for beside the the temperature control and the fridge light in my fridge freezer classixx
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

The rocker switch will dim the bulb when set to Red, and switch the bulb off when set to white.

The purpose of this is to stop the fridge getting too cold when in locations such as garages, however with many now using LED bulbs it becomes defunct as the LED's do not emit enough heat to raise the temperature of the fridge.

Its a very basic feature, however the default setting is to leave the switch in the 'white' \ off position, unless you notice the fridge is getting too cold.

James