JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My main oven light has gone in my double oven. Couldn't

Customer Question

My main oven light has gone in my double oven. Couldn't remove cover so sent for cover remover as directed by manual but still can't get the cover off. HELP!!!
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Can you advise the make and model of your oven?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Siemens double oven HB55MB551B
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks, ***** ***** the glass lamp housing is intact (not broken or cracked), and you have tried using your hand to rotate the housing anti clockwise, and the tool from the service centre but in both cases it would move?

The likely cause is a build up of grease, firstly I would get some penetrating fluid such as WD40 and spray around the housing where it makes contact with the back of the oven (I would do this 3 times over the course of an hour). Using a towel, over the cover I would then try and use sharp movements anti clockwise to see if you can free it.

If this doesnt work, I would then try some grease such as Over Pride, and do the same, and if this doesnt work its a case of stripping the unit down and removing the bulb from the back, however would suggest you get a engineer to do this, as if your note faceful you can damage the lamp socket.

Please let me know how you get on.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I havent heard back from you in the last few days, and just wanted to check if you still require assistance, I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,I havent heard back from you in the last few days, and just wanted to check if you still require assistance, I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received.Many thanksJames