JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

How does one replace a bulb in a range hood, product number

How does one replace a bulb in a range hood, product number###-##-####
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good morning, I have managed to look up the model number - CH900K/GB

Is the replacement bulb identical to the one you removed or is it a different size\shape?

From what I can tell the bulb in your hood, has two pins rather than an screw fitting, is that correct?

What are you finding difficult is it getting it in place, to then fit into the fitting, or getting sufficient grip insert it into place?

If you do indeed have a two pin bulb, you may find the video here useful. If the bulb has a screw terminal, you may find the video here useful.

I await to here back from you

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sir, Screw bulbs - appear to be original Kosnic 11W 220-240V 50-60Hz 85mA. Replacements appear to be hard to find...is their any more modern equivalent? Following the video I replaced the original bulbs and both are working now..Thank you,Hugh
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Hugh,

You can use LED bulbs, which are often half the size, for example I use the bulbs here, which are equivalent to 8W, if you have enough room you could us the 15W bulb here.