JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I've managed to melt a plastic spatula over the gas output

Customer Question

Hi, i've managed to melt a plastic spatula over the gas output in my oven. Which is a Leisure Rangemaster 110. All the oven does now is click away, it doesn't fully light up & if it does light up it is only in part & then generally goes out again. Is it fixable? Help.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi the burner (gas output) and the jets which control the flow of gas are replaceable parts, its generally not advised to clean them as inefficient burning can lead to increase in carbon monoxide etc.

Since this is a gas appliance you should use a registered gas safety fitter who can replace the part and check the plastic hasnt got anywhere else, and verify the appliance is safe to use again.

If you provide you post code I can recommend a suitable engineer in your area.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for that. My postcode is W3 7PT. Can you please, please, put me in touch with an engineer. Many thanks, Mary.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry, I'm in London by the way.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I havent heard back from you in the last few days, and just wanted to check if you still require assistance, I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I havent heard back from you in the last day or so, and just wanted to check if you still require assistance, I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received.

James