How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JamesI Your Own Question
JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1352
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
JamesI is online now

I have a Lewis/Electrolux Microwave. I wish to know if there

Resolved Question:

I have a ***** *****/Electrolux Microwave. I wish to know if there is a standard safety heat level within the oven, if so please could you advise me what the maximum safety level is?
Thank you
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Can you advise the model of microwave, as each will have its own specification, please also clarify if you mean the maximum heat which should be emitted from the unit (eg the outer case, or the maximum temperature inside the microwave).

JamesI and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Model is JL BIG92
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry, I may have given you the wrong Model type. It should read JLBIC02
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have just had an email to say my question has been answered but where is it
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Dear *****,

Further to our phone call this afternoon, I can confirm that the Microwave oven should not exceed 200 degrees Celsius.

Exceeding this will cause damage to the oven housing and result in excess heat not being able to escape, resulting in the unit overheating as you have noticed in the door getting hot.

The basic principle of a microwave oven is to heat through dielecgtric means via radiation, and not through convection or conduction, so the ambient temperature should not be hot, unless the halogen grill function is on.

It is entirely possible the broken glass turntable could have been through the result of being exposed to a rapid change in temperature, combined with the vibrations from the motor rotating it.

I would not recommend you use this product, as its showing signs of a fault where by the unit is overheating, and poses a significant fire risk.

Regards

James