JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a a KOSP 6610/IX and I've just got back from holiday

Hello - I have a a KOSP 6610/IX and I've just got back from holiday to find that it is not heating in pre-heating; conventional or fan heating.
There seems to be a SENSE light that has come on when trying to set up. Can anyone help?
I have power and all the other settings seem to be functioning
Sheena
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Hi Sheena,

can you advise what you mean by a 'SENSE' light, what does it look like and where is it located on the display?

The fault your describing suggests the heating element has failed, but want to double check what light is showing, to rule out any other potential fault.

James

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
James - the sense tag is showing when I try to preheat.
Funnily, tonight the conventional heated up to full cooking but the fan element didn't come on when I tried to cook in fan mode. Whole oven felt either very hot or cooling down. Most peculiar
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

The sense light should be related to the oven probe.

It sounds like there is a fault with the fan, this may be the fan itself or the control board, since its the role of the fan to maintain a consistent temp in the oven, and if its not circulating the heat doesnt move around the oven where the thermostat is hence you getting extreme.

Unfortunately this sounds very much like a hardware fault, and would now require the unit to be stripped down and the electrical connections tested, to determine if the control board has failed, or if there is a fault with the fan itself.

If you provide you post code I can suggest a suitable engineer to come out and resolve this issue for you.

Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I havent heard back from you in the last day or so, and just wanted to check if you still require assistance?

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I havent heard back from you in the last day or so, and just wanted to check if you still require assistance?Many thanksJames
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
James - I've been scared to respond as the site keeps asking for more money. I think your answer is about right. Have Kitchenaid coming at a call out charge of £175. Again, appreciate the heads up
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Im sorry you feel hassled by the site, I will feed this back. We have a money back guarantee, should you accidentally click on something and end up getting double charged just let us know within 30 days for a refund.

So I may close the case, appreciate if you can rate the service received.

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.