JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My chainsaw promac 2200 electric has just stopped working?

Customer Question

my chainsaw promac 2200 electric has just stopped working? could it be the switch? I have checked the chain and oil level , all is ok and it isnt hot or smelling of burn/
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

In the majority of the cases the fault is often the cord, the plug or the socket.

From what you have said there is no sign of life on the appliance at all, no noise or motion when you initially press the button.

1. Check the plug or extension lead your using has power.
  2. Check the cable is correctly attached to the chainsaw, and there is good contact
  3. Check the fuse in the plug

Once you have checked the above, you are right its most likely to be a loose connection or failed switch, which can be tested with a multi meter using the continuity setting. If the switch is working then the next obvious place to look is the motor brushes, however unless you have used it excessively its unlikely the brushes are warn.

Please let me know if you need anything clarified, if you feel its a hardware fault the next step would be to go to one of the service centres located here.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I havent heard back from you in the last few days, and just wanted to check if you still require assistance, I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received.

James