JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I am to have a ct colonography in nhs but am worried about

hello
i am to have a ct colonography in nhs but am worried about old scanners...are there private hospitals in or near to glasgow that offer low dose ct colonography in comparison to conventional nhs ct scanner?
thank you.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

The exact dose received by the NHS scanners is not public knowledge since most hospital have multiple scanners, and the dose rather depends on individual patient and scan requirements.

There are a number of NHS hospitals in Glasgow, with modern scanners. Have you spoken to your consultant or doctor regarding your concerns over the x-ray dosage, as they maybe able to refer you to a hospital with a lower dose CT (but understand the different in dosage rates is minimal)?

If you are looking to go private, I would suggest you look at Nuffield, or BMI, and request to speak with the radiographer, or get the radiographer to liaise with your doctor\consultant, as to your specific needs.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I am sure you have already done your research, but thought I should add the COMARE report which the NHS has summarised here, doesnt suggest there is a higher risk of dosage from NHS CT, compared to Private CT, and this was a very detailed study, though admits there is a lack of data. To this end I think the best approach would be to consult your doctor, or consultant, and if your concerns are not satisfied ask for confirmation on the dosage which you will be exposed to by the radiographer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello James. Would you be able to ring me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent the payment for phone call. Thank you.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

There should be an option to provide contact information, so it is sent securely. If you provide me your phone number via the 'enter contact info' box I will call you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent the contact number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there - I have sent the contact number.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

How did you submit your phone number, as there should have been a link to "enter contact info" just above the message box, which lets you sent the information privately to me.