JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

LG Inverter Direct Drive 11kg F1495KD When you press the

Customer Question

LG Inverter Direct Drive 11kg F1495KD
When you press the power button it turns on for a couple of seconds then goes off as if there's a power cut. If you keep your finger pressed on it will work. Checked button and replaced the on off switch that is built into control board but still doing the same
Any idea what it could be?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Already tried unplugging it off and pressing the power and start for 5 seconds each
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

This sounds like a faulty control board, most likely there is a crack on the PCB and when pressing the button your bridging the hairline crack.

If there were other sensors causing the fault you would see this in the LCD display.

I would start by removing the control panel and inspect the PCB under a magnifying glass, and see if any tracks are damaged and if any components require re-soldering.

If this is uneventful, the next step is to look at the wiring harness, and power regulator, but the fact the machine comes on if you hold makes me think its the PCB.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank's for getting back James, i'll have a look after my Lunch
Paul
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Let me know how you get on.

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I havent heard back from you in the last day or sp, and just wanted to check if you still require assistance, I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received.

James