JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Panasonic dvd home theater sound system - SC-PT460

I have a Panasonic dvd home theater sound system - SC-PT460 used with Panasonic LCD TV TX-32LZD81 and want to know if it is possible to use wireless speakers with this kit - removing the need for wired speakers.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

The SC-PT460 supports wireless rear speakers, in order to use this feature you will need to purchase the Panasonic SE-FX65A, which comes with a transmitter module which plugs into the sound system, and a receiver which receives the signal other speakers connect to.

Instructions for setting up the wireless speakers can be found on page 8 of the sound system manual here.

This additional Panasonic unit appears to be rather hard to come by, however there are some going on ebay and Amazon, but most originating from the US.

Please let me know if you need anything clarified.