JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

BEKO DL1234APW DISHWASHER WEILL NOT EMPTY FILTERS CLEAN NO

Customer Question

BEKO DL1234APW DISHWASHER WEILL NOT EMPTY FILTERS CLEAN NO NOISE FROM PUMP
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Can you advise whats shown on the display after the dishwasher fails to empty?

The fact your not hearing any noise from the pump would suggest the pump has failed, with a block pipe or filter you would hear the filter running and struggling to pump.

Most pumps cost around £30 to replace, I am struggling to locate your model number can you confirm its not DL1243AP

James

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I assume its the DL1234APthen how can I test the pump is it a common fault with this model? what other problems are likely?
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Pumps are generally common faults on dishwashers across all brands to be fair.

There should be a overflow sensor in the dishwasher, normally looks like a mushroom float which sits near the salt cap and filter. If you pull this up this up with the dishwasher on, even if not set on a program the pump should start, as the flood safety feature overrides everything.

If you cant find the float another way is to tip two buckets of water in the dishwasher to the point where water is about to come out when the door is opened, if the pump doesnt start then either its highly likely to be the pump.

Another fault finding step involved stripping the unit down and checking the voltage going to the pump, and also doing a continuity check on the pump (it shouldnt be open circuit).

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've removed the pump
it spins fine when connected to the mains
do they normaly have capacitors?...I cant see one
he big circulation pump has one attatched
the model does have W at the end of its ID no.
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Capacitors are not needed for small pumps, as there isnt a great deal of back EMF generated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
got any ideas then james....??
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Ok so we know the pump is working as you can make it spin, so the fault has to be with the dishwasher not calling the pump.

There should be a float in the sump detecting level of water, I would find that and see if you can manually actuate that, if you can you then want to check your getting a voltage across the pump terminals.

This sounds like it may well be the control board, if your not getting a voltage out to the pump though.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'M THINKING OF REPLACING THE PCB MODULE[£40] WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

If your going to do that check the connections going to the PCB and do a continuity test to prove the sensors are working and there are no broken wires on the harness.

I cant really think what else would give a fault, or why your not seeing a valid error code shown on the display panel, so a replacement PCB would probably be the next step (and a good price at £40).

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I havent heard back from you in the last day or so, and just wanted to check if you still require assistance, I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received.

James