JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My Hotpoint Aqualtis washing machine is 7 years old and

My Hotpoint Aqualtis washing machine is 7 years old and seems to wash OK but won't stop spinning and will not therefore complete the cycles. I have checked and cleaned the filter. Any thoughts?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like a control board failure, as its losing track of how long to spin for.

Unfortunately this will require an engineer visit, to rule out any other sensor fault.

There are no other tests you can perform, other than set the washer to spin only and see if it starts and completes the cycle without issue.

If you would like me to recommend an engineer in your area, please provide a post code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I will check to see if it starts and completes a spin cycle first.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

How did you get on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks James. I tried it on the spin cycle like you said but it just kept on spinning and spinning faster and eventually the machine shook violently until I had to switch the machine off. When I took the cover off I noticed that the concrete counter weight had shattered. I therefore now had no choice but to reluctantly order a new machine. Never mind, but thanks for trying James. Regards.Doug.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

This would have likely occurred if an engineer attended site, its unfortunate but at least you have not had to go to the expense of having an engineer attend site.

Please note you can buy replacement counter weights, but the cost combined with that of the control panel would probably make it uneconomical to repair as you suggested.

James