George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hiya. Our Beko DWD 5411 W dishwasher just 'failed' in that

Hiya. Our Beko DWD 5411 W dishwasher just 'failed' in that the on/off light blinks (looks broken), it won't cancel (unless the door is pulled) and won't shut itself off at the end of a programme. It's about 4-5 years old though, and the warranty is only 12 months long.
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Don't have the date of purchase or serial number to hand, sorry... should I try again tomorrow when I have these details? Or did you mean something else, sorry?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will gather those details tomorrow and post here for sure, if we can find them. Might go to sleep shortly though, so no pressure to respond. Thanks for the help so far!
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Can you tell me how many times the LED flashes before taking a pause to start flashing again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George, it blinks about every half-second, continuously. Previously, the light used to be solid.

Are there any other LEDs that are lit on the panel?

Use the following diagram to indicate which LEDs

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No (though LED 3 on the diagram extends to the one slightly below). Also, ours is slightly different from the model shown, but I can't find a panel image for our model either so you get the picture.I recorded a video (couldn't attach so here's a link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KkvD_FhoVuI_jGRNYM5rECNjY3-E3g9Hcg ). Sorry it's a bit out of focus, but it hopefully gets the job done. Note the thumping noise too.

That looks to be a fault with the power to the dishwasher (PCB)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. So where can we go from here? I've seen these http://www.partmaster.co.uk/catalogue.pl?shop=beko&path=61208&model_ref=985282&refine=PCB&x=0&y=0 and the middle one looks like it, from my understanding, but I wouldn't know where to begin fitting them. I live in East Sussex, England.

Personally, if you do not know about how to repair/replace parts I would not attempt it yourself...

If you pass me your postcode I can see if I have any engineer information for your area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good point. Is it worth ordering in the first place--or having an engineer order on my behalf, if so? Either way: BN20 8LB :)

I would wait.. The part can be ordered once diagnosis is confirmed. It may be the PCB, but it may be that the PCB is not getting full power from the mains supply. The PCB itself may be ok.

Notwithstanding this, the engineer can get the parts cheaper than you can.

Partpoint  

Appliance Repair Service

***** Hove BN3 7LP

01273 330101

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perfect, thank you so much, especially considering it's a Sunday! Have my credit. :)