George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hotpoint Aquarius washer/dryer WDL520 Only done 1 wash

Customer Question

Hotpoint Aquarius washer/dryer WDL520
Only done 1 wash before. Clothes still soaking wet, door will not open. When the wash is on all the lights flash. Tried turning off power still can't open door. Help!!!
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 10 months ago.

Can you tell me which lights are lit on the right side of the fascia (the lights going from top to bottom)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Service request sent

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Lights on are end-green and lock key-red
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Still unable to open door

A phone call was requested.. Do you still want that service?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No thanks

Ok...

Is there water still in the tub?

Is there any water still in the tub?

Ok, I need to go.. But you can leave me a message when you are ready to continue and get the answers to your locked door and getting your appliance working again.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
there is

Ok, first you will need to rid the appliance of the water in the tub.. This will allow the door to open.

There are two ways of doing this:

1. Take the drain hose and lower it to floor level... This will drain the water in to whatever receptacle you have waiting for it.
  2. Remove the front lower kick-plate and unscrew the filter cover slowly with a tray underneath it to catch water that is expelled. Turn until water comes out, then stop turning. Close again to stop the water whilst you empty the receptacle.

Then come back to me once this is done

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hose not accessible unable to pull out washing machine

Then use version two:

Remove the front lower kick-plate and unscrew the filter cover slowly with a tray underneath it to catch water that is expelled. Turn until water comes out, then stop turning. Close again to stop the water whilst you empty the receptacle.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am but not enough room to get anything under it to catch the water! Doing it but slowly

Put plenty of towels around the area. This does take time but you will get there eventually.

Leave me a message when you have finished doing that

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Finished
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can open door now. Tried pump out cycle but machine isn't pumping out just makes a noise

Ok.. now that there is no water in the appliance, with the filter off, put the appliance onto a drain cycle and watch the impeller.. Does it spin?

Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.
You can still ask further questions following rating...
I have responded to your original query.. I will continue to assist as much as I can within reason following rating of the original assistance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No problem George..washing machine is working for now!

.