JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Hotpoint fridge freezer and the fridge freezes

Hi. I have a Hotpoint fridge freezer and the fridge freezes everything and the freezer doesn't freeze at all.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

I would start by a full defrost, there may a blockage of ice which stops the movement of the coolant around the fridge.

If after a 24hr defrost the freezer still doesnt get cold, its likely to be a thermostat fault, by setting the freezer to deep freeze this should get the freezer cold and bypass the thermostat. If this doesnt work, the fault may be to do with the pump or control board, at which point its time to get an engineer out to strip the unit down, and start testing each component in turn.

Please let me know how you get on, and provide a postcode if you would like me to recommend a local repair firm.