JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a built-in Siemens Double Oven (oven/microwave)

I have a built-in Siemens Double Oven (oven/microwave) HB90554GB, 12 years old. The micro was noisy, suddenly got noisier then no power to the oven at all. Is this a common fault that can be repaired?
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

There are a number of reasons for the noise, it may be the magnetron, the motor\fan.

The fact your not getting any power to the unit in itself could suggest a major hardware failure.

I would start by checking if the fuse has blown\tripped as most oven\microwaves are on a separate circuit, and microwave component should have its own fuse in the plug.

Looking at major spares centres part availability, and the cost of getting an engineer out, I dont think this will be an economical repair.

If you would like me to recommend an engineer to attend and strip the unit down, please advise me of your postcode.

James

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 10 months ago.

Hello Iain, my name is George,

You say that there is now no power to either the oven or the microwave side of the appliance... It is possible that the problem as been a cooling fan issue (the noise),and that a thermal protector/fuse has prevented power due to overheat.

Most parts are still available for this appliance and so the answer to your query is YES, the appliance should still be able to be repaired.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks. I'll try and find a local engineer for repair then.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My postcode is EH4 if you can recommend someone though.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Due to the complexity of this unit and challenge with parts, most of the local repair firms such as Walleces will not provide support for your model, and suggest you go directly to the manufacturer.

Siemens customer services can be contacted on*********** and then selecting option 1 when prompted.

Their labour cost is £95 plus parts.

James

Hi Iain, George again, here is a firm fairly local to you.. and the guys are good guys. They are in Falkirk, but cover both sides.

Appliance Technical Services
Office 01324 815 159
Ally 07939 271 711
Greg 07956 654 949

If Ally can't book you in, then you can use these guys who are closer to you; they have been running for over 15 years and have lasted the test of time:

Advanced Domestic Appliances
Tel: 0131(###) ###-####br />Mob: 07775 842333*****/p>

Edinburgh, EH11 1QH

If you are ringing Ally, tell him I sent you to him, you might get a discount..

Please let me know if you still have problems.. otherwise, please take the time to rate my assistance to you by using the stars provided (5 stars is best) at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Dear Iain,

Should the local firms provided by George not be able to come to site, Siemens have advised they can get to you by Thursday if you call up today on***********/p>

James

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks to both of you! Hopefully I'll get it repaired.