JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

The touch control for the hob on our D98000VF-M cooker is

The touch control for the hob on our D98000VF-M cooker is not working properly. Frantic rubbing over the touch control area sometimes makes it work. On/Off switch works OK as does oven controls. What is the problem likely to be?
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

The two most common faults are wither grease\dirt on the glass or a faulty sensor.

If you have already tried cleaning the control panel surface with glass cleaner and confirm its free of water and dirt, then it will be the touch sensor.

Looking online your looking at around £130 in parts from suppliers here, however you will need to strip the unit down to confirm the part number.

If you would like me to recommend someone to come out to replace this part, please advise your postcode.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've already tried cleaning the hob thoroughly so it looks like it is the control module. Unfortunately, the unit is less than a year out of warranty! Having had many years experience in the IT industry, I should be able to fit the new part myself.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Yes, the part is relatively easy to replace, it is secured in place by a bracket which you unscrew, you disconnect the two ribbon cables, plug the new one in and secure it back in place. Its about 30 minutes work, but I would definitely strip the unit down first, get the board out and before ordering the replacement make sure the part numbers match up, the parts companies descriptions are not always 100% so worth calling them up and checking.

Appreciate if you can rate the service received, so I may close the case.

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK to close.Thanks for your help. I'll cetrainly strip the cooker down and check the part numbers first. I've been cught by that in the past.