JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a honeywell cl30xc, when you push the cool button the

I have a honeywell cl30xc , when you push the cool button the water level indicator beeps and does not blow cool air . I have had the unit running for 5 hours and the water level has not gone down and the honeycomb is not wet any ideas the unit is new
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

What is shown on the LCD display, and can you confirm the water level on the side is showing above minimum and below maximum?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Water level is fine the lcd display shows the water level indicator flashing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fan is working fine i have had the unit running for at least 5 hours nad have noticed the water level has not changed
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

This would suggest the pump has failed which is responsible for circulating the water, this is often caused when running the machine without any water, but since you have confirmed the water level is OK and its a new device, I would look to return the machine under manufacturers warranty (this is not user error).

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any other options as it is a pain to return any item we have bought it on amazon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But how long does the water last in the tank
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The water tank should last for easily a days but have had them running for a few days, but the amount of water used depends on the settings and the environment (ambient humidity, water regulator setting and a fan speed to name a few).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
everything is to the max a hot day here but not humid
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

In terms of what you can do other than amazon returns process, it may be the water sensor has got stuck where the unit was knocked in transit. You can have a go banging the lower part of the unit with your hand or lifting it up and dropping it from 2-3cm (not scientific I know) but may free the sensor - expect a puddle of water though.

There isnt really any other option than stripping it down, as it may be a lose cable to the pump, faulty sensor, faulty PCB, but to get to the circuit its fair job stripping it down.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have noticed that the water indicator has stopped flashing and is gone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have also seen in the water tank a little white nylon shaped ring the width of a mans wedding bad but very thick
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

If it cleared itself, it may have been a blocked pipe from debris which got into the tank which has freed itself, or the sensor has just come back to life. There isnt really anything more you can do as the unit isnt decided to be serviced by the customer (other than the honeycomb and grill).