Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Hotpoint Fridge Freezer Model type FF187E. The

I have a Hotpoint Fridge Freezer Model type FF187E.
The buzzer went off and both yellow lights were flashing. Didn't notice if green flashing as well.
Followed instructions by switching off freezer knob and on again. Followed this process a few times now but each time the buzzer eventually come back on again.
It would also appear we cannot just turn off the freezer compartment. By turning freezer knob to off, it shuts down fridge side as well
Any ideas
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Is there any heavy ice on the rear wall in the freezer?

Also is it cooling normally despite the warnings?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There was a chunk of ice behind the bottom drawer which was restricting the closure of the bottom drawer. This was removed.
We have moved the frozen foods and defrosting the freezer part at present and this has turned off the fridge element.
Prior to that though everything was freezing and being kept cool as normal
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Ok let me know how it is working now?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Michael,By defrosting the fridge freezer, the problem appears solved.
No issues over the past two days.ThanksRobin
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Hi Robin, I was going to suggest that.

But if the problem reappears in about two weeks, please drop me a reply and we will deal with hat because if there is a defrost component failure then we will know for sure and I will help you fix that. Its [pretty easy if you are handy ;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.