JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Future frostfree freezer fzfm171 Assistant: Thank you. Can

Customer Question

future frostfree freezer fzfm171
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: the lights are flashing and the freezer doesnt seem to be freezing pproperly. I can't hear the motor humming!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long do I have to wait for an answer?
Not sure this was a good use of £20!
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

CAn you advise which lights are flashing, and if you hear the motor start when you enable the super frost\freeze function?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Super freeze and alarm are flashing. Motor doesn't start at all!
I think it's dead!
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like a control board failure, resulting in the fridge not calling for coolant.

The alarm light will illuminate if the freezer is at a extreme temperature (eg above -10), super freeze flashes when its enabled but not reached an adequate temp.

If both fridge and freezer are not at the correct temp, its likely to be the control board which is best part of £100 from here, if it just the freezer compartment it could be the thermostat which is only £30 from here.

If its only one compartment which isnt cooling I would suggest its worth getting an engineer out, otherwise I would think this would be uneconomical to repair. Please provide your postcode if you would like me to recommend a engineer in your area.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.
Do you still require assistance, I haven't heard from you in the last few days?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have called an engineer in. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

No problem, appreciate if you can rate the service received.

James