JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a U1442 oven and I am trying to replace the bulb in

I have a U1442 oven and I am trying to replace the bulb in the lower unit. With great difficulty I have got off the glass cover and removed old bulb, put in a new Crompton Oven Lamp SES-E14 240V 40w switch on fuse but no light! Have re-tested the bulb and it works perfectly.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is a NEFF oven E-number U 1442 RO GB FD 8602
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The light in the top oven works fine
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

The top and bottom ovens are on two separate circuits, so though the top oven is working it doesnt mean power is getting to the second oven.

To troubleshoot you need to use a multi meter and test what (if any) voltage your getting to the lamp terminals, and check on each cook mode. My guess is there is no voltage going to the bulb, in which case it will be a lose wire or potentially faulty switch on the control panel. If there is voltage going to the terminals, you will probably find the terminals are either corroded or bent out of shape so not making contact with the bulb, so its a case of just bending them back in shape.

Since this is a high energy appliance, there is a real risk of electric shock. I suggest you call an engineer out to troubleshoot this problem for you, as this is pointing towards a hardware failure. If you would like me to suggest someone in your area please provide your post code.

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please would you suggest someone in the Inverness area to sort the problem which is beyond our capabilities. Our postcode is IV2 5XQ. Thanks for your assistance.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good morning, I would suggest you use Highland AS, who are based in Inverness and can be contacted on 01463 791822

They charged £77 call out, which includes the labour cost for repair, and then it will be the cost of any parts.

The alternative, is to setup a service plan, and I would suggest you use D&G on 0808(###) ###-#### they charge £15 a month, but this will cover the repair of the oven, and give you a 12 month warranty for any further breakdown.

James