JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Whirlpool Dishwasher ADG 7460. The tablet dispenser

Hi, I have a Whirlpool Dishwasher ADG 7460. The tablet dispenser has stopped opening even though the water gets up to temperature. Does the dispenser need replacing or is it an electrical problem
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

These type of faults are often caused by the actuator which opens the soap dispenser during the wash, obviously its worth checking that there isnt something like a cutting board leaning against it when you shut the door.

If the compartment opens manually then its unlikely to be the dispenser at fault, the way to test is to strip the door down, and see if the actuator is stuck or the dispenser mechanism has come away or broken in anyway. A continuity test on the actuator will quickly show it the fault is electrical (at which case its the control board).

From experience the actuators are the most prone to fail.

Please let me know if you need anything else clarified.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is the actuator part of the dispenser or is a separate item which can be ordered from say espares
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The actuator used to come as a separate part, but cant find any stockists. You can probably get the actuator from somewhere like rapid electronics or RS components, but you would need to get the actuator out of the machine to try and match it up.

If you buy the dispenser from here for example it comes complete with the actuator.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the actuator is part of the dispenser so replacing this, if I can't find the correct actuator, would be the way to go.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Yes, thats your best bet, and probably makes the job easier as your just replace the complete unit you dont have to worry about stripping it down and prise the actuator out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks, ***** *****