JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have drained the filter and yet can't stop the EFO warning

I have drained the filter and yet can't stop the EFO warning message illuminating on my AEG model L87695702/00
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Good morning, I am having difficulty finding the AEG model,

There should be a small sticker with the product and model number displayed on the front of the drum when you open the washer door, alternatively there can be one found in the compartment where the filter is located.

Can you confirm the model number provided is correct, and provide me the product number which should be found under the model number.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will have to go back up to our rental property to check, but I wrote it down as L87695702/00. Is that not one that exists?Bruce
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Hi Bruce, I cant find a record of it on the AEG parts database.

However give me a few minutes, to look into this further.

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

The EF 0 code is a generic code, suggesting significant hardware failure.

To find the specific error code please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the machine on.
  2. Any programme except the 1st one.
  3. Close the door.
  4. Press and hold the start button along with the button to the left of it.
  5. This will now display another EF code eg EF3.
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Regardless of the code I think you will need to call an engineer out to run a diagnostic on the machine, however the fact the fault occurred with the washer full (as you had to drain it, to empty the filter) suggests more likely than not, the overflow switch has failed or the pump, however I can at least give you an idea on the cost for repair once I have the code.

If you would like me to recommend a local engineer to come out and fix the issue, can you please provide your post code.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The model is actually L87695WD and the error code is now showing as EF3
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Right, we are getting somewhere.

EF3 suggests a flood, you need to remove a panel from the washer and see if you can see any water at the base.

With the washer off dry out the base and and make sure there isnt even a puddle. Switch the machine on the fault should have cleared, if it hasnt or if there isnt any water then its looking like a faulty flood sensor.

James

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you. I pulled the machine out, mopped up what was more a sheen of water than a puddle and the EF3 code shows no more. It's back to EF0 instead
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Ok, repeat the process you performed to show the EF3 error earlier and let me know if an alternative code appears.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did, and it didn't, so still solidly EF0
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

If the EF0 code is still displayed, with the washer in the off \ standby position, hold down the start button and the program dial one click to the right, after 3 seconds release the buttons.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks, I'll see if that works
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No joy, still EFO
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

With the machine off hold the two upper buttons on the machine (think they are to do with drying, located at the top right of the control panel)

Turn the machine on to the first program (one click right).

Release the buttons

Wait 5 seconds, set the dial to the second from last option.

See if a code is shown on the display.

Then rotate the dial to off, then to first program to the right, then back to off.

Unplug the machine for 2 minutes

Plug it back in and see if the fault has cleared.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No good either, so it's time to sign out and thank you for your help.
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

No problem, I would recommend you call out a engineer, as if that hasnt cleared the fault its going to need a full set of diagnostics run against it.

Please advise your postcode if you would like me to recommend someone, appreciate if you can rate the service received.

James

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.