Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Washing machine WAK28161GB - all has been fine, in good

Customer Question

Hi - washing machine WAK28161GB - all has been fine, in good condition, now programme won't start - suspect it's a door issue, not triggering a sensor or something. All looks fine...
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your washer?

When the door is closed, and you turn the machine ON, is there any difference in its display lights, errors etc?

Also, can you hear the door lock trying to operate?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Michael, thanks for getting back, and for the outline of how this works :)The washer was bought new from AO last November.
The lights etc all look the same, no obvious error signs. When we press 'start' programme, that light doesn't come on and the washer beeps.
When we close the door, it sounds normal. We don't recall the sound of an extra mechanism other than the normal sound of shutting the door.
There have been a couple of occasions when the programme didn't start before, and we just opened and closed the door again, and then it worked, but not this time...
Adrian
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Further..
I notice that the 'open washing machine door, add laundry' light is on, and the start/reload light is not on, when we've closed the door.
In case that's helpful
Adrian
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hey, Adrian, Sure thing.

This one has a serious issue (electronic, unfortunately a fairly easy but expensive fix. Since your washer is that new, you still have 2 months ob your warranty ;-)

You need to contact Bosch, for a free repair. They will send a service tech out, this problem could be the main control board or the door lock that need to be replaced. You can find the contact inf in the user manual and on the warrant card. If you cant locate that please let me know I have other phone #'s but if you can find the one that came with your washer, it will be much easier to get to the correct dept for that service call.

If you cant do that and you dont mind paying for parts, and doing the repair please let me knwo and we will go a different route, but that is what I would do. Also if you do any service to the unti it could void your warranty! Not a good thing friend;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day Adrian!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK thanks, ***** ***** 0344(###) ###-####on the manual, so I'll try that.
Lucky this happened within the year!
We'll let you know how we get on...Thanks, Adrian
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi A, please let me know how it all goes, or if you need more help. Have a wonderful day Adrian.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
update - Bosch engineer came yesterday - door lock was broken, which he fixed in a few minutes, under warranty, and all is now fine. Thanks for your help. Adrian