Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My combi oven keeps tripping the main breaker when it

Customer Question

My combi oven keeps tripping the main breaker when it reaches its preset temperature. Once the breaker is reset it comes up to temperature and works fine! Any answers?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Combi oven?

Also may I have the full model # of your oven as well, so I can assist you proplerly?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number is ***** CD 760M, it is about 7years old. The problem has been happening only for the last month, but it is very frustrating as it does not happen every time, about 6 out of 7 times.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The RCD is tripped by earth leakage, this is typically caused by a faulty element, are you able to replicate the fault when its on grill only?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will give that a try when I can get on to it. It will probably be tomorrow before I can.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One of the elements is broken. I have sourced a replacement which I should get by Monday. The next problem is getting the old one out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's the best way to get at the elements please?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, usually there is a bracket that you can remove with some screws.

On that one the screws may be right on the front of the element bracket, or yours may be in the back behind the oven. If that is the case, you need take the back off to access them and the wires.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Im sorry I was mistaken, on this one you need to remove the entire cover from the microwave.

CAUTION!!!! Microwave ovens can store a lethal charge even when disconnected fro the power supply!!!

Just stay away from the large silver capacitor do not touch the connections on that part!

Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Im Still here with you if you need me?

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michael. I've got into the guts now and think I can take it from here.
Many thanks for your input.