Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a bosch dishwasher SGS46E02GB and the pump continues

I have a bosch dishwasher SGS46E02GB and the pump continues to run even with the door not shut. If I tilt it sideways water comes out of the bottom and then the next run works ok. Seems like a small leak?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Yes in this case you have either a leak, or a bad float sensor in the bottom of the dishwasher.

More than likely its just a leak, but can you tell when where exactly the water is coming from?

Is it just inside the unit or is it coming from below the unit under its floor?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The water pumps out satisfactorily so that there is no residue of water above the filters, so the water seems to be coming from the base of the unit.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information.

Yes you do have a leak internally that is allowing water to get to a place that isn't good, (electronics down there).

This one can be really difficult to find the leak on, so In this case I would recommend a service call to a local appliance repair shop.

Even for an experienced tech it will take a little time to locate, and they use specialty tools for that ;-)

I wish I had better news for you on this, I really do. But this one really isn't a do it yourself project.

If you feel you want to try, please let me know and I will help you further as much as possible;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael