Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Rangemaster Classic 90 dual fuel. It is 10 years

Customer Question

I have a Rangemaster Classic 90 dual fuel. It is 10 years old. The small oven doesn't seem to be functioning properly There is heat but not what it should be is this likely to be the circulation fan? Any suggestions welcome
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Usually this problem is a bad connection to the ovens main connection point on the back of the oven. But it could also be a bad heating element or temp problem. Please let me know if they glow red when you try to use that oven, so I can narrow this down for you;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The only way I can view the elements is to take the back plate of the oven out. Is this what you are suggesting?
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi yes we need to know if they are getting up to temp.

There are a couple of things that can cause this problem, it could also as I mentioned, just be a bad temp sensor.

Please let me know what you find, so I can tell you what part needs to be replaced;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks. I am out of time just now but will do this later and get back to you
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hey thats fine, bit so we dont lose each other, I will stick with you until this is complete.
Please rate my service kindly.
Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.
Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.
Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.
Thank you and have a great day!
Sincerely
Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello Michael. I have been away for a few days and did not have time to do the necessary stuff. I am back now and would like to continue the dialogue tomorrow.BestPeter
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
MichaelI lost you for a few days. I took the rear oven plate off. Elements glow red and seem fine. Fan working oven still not as efficient as it was . What do I do next please?Peter
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi Peter,

can you place an oven thermometer in side and let me know if it heats to the correct temp at different settings?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
MichaelI will do this but need to buy an oven thermometer. I will check and come backPeter
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Ok, Peter I will be here when you do that. I need to knwo how the temp is behaving so I can be sure what is wrong if anything lol.

Have a nice weekend Peter;-)

Tech Michael