JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Indesit 8450 bh dryer

Indesit 8450 bh dryer
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My indesit 8450 bh has 2 red lights on and doesn't start
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Good morning,

Can you advise on the display which 2 lights are illuminated, and if they are flashing, and if there is a code such as "F01" shown in the LCD display.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Water container and filter light not flashing though and no codes the door is a little loose
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Switch the machine off and following the maintenance instructions found here on page 6, I suspect the water container and filter hasnt been correctly inserted or emptied \ cleaned. Once you have removed both and emptied\cleaned them as per the manual, check they are fully inserted back in place, I would then clean the condenser unit which is explained on the same page (bottom right).

Shut the dryer door, turn the power back on and then try a drying cycle again.

Please let me know what is shown on the display (which lights illuminated, what numbers \ time is shown on the LCD).

Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.
Do you still require assistance, I haven't heard from you in the last few days?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the red light are still on no error codes emptied water cleaned condenser unit and filter but still no luck
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

The next thing I would look to check is the door mechanism, you mention it was lose.

With the machine off, close the door, apply inward pressure on the door so its firmly closed and secured, then turn the dryer back on.

If the light comes straight on this suggests there is a hardware fault which will require an engineer, in most cases the machine will advise which component is at fault, however in this instance the fact your not getting a specific error code, it suggest the main PCB has failed, or at least the sensors for water container and filter are not working properly.

If the light still occurs and you would like an engineer out to strip the unit down, to investigate further, please advise me of your postcode and I can recommend someone in your area.

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

I haven't heard from you in the last few days, please let me know if you need any further assistance, if not I would appreciate if you could rate the service received.

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.