JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Hiya, I had a Waeco Perfect Charge IU 252A on my narrow-boat

Hiya,
I had a Waeco Perfect Charge IU 252A on my narrow-boat charging 2 leisure and 1 starter battery. My useless tennant damaged the charger and I need to replace it but it appears that Waeco no longer produce this model. Am I right in thinking that the WAECO PerfectCharge MCA 1235 is the correct substitute?
Many thanks,
Sal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually just clocked it's not the 1235, it's the 1225, sorry
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sal,

I can confirm the MCA 1225 offers the same specification as the IU 252A, so would be an ideal substitute.

Please make sure you get the 12V variant, the cheapest I have seen it going for online is here at £189 inc delivery and vat.