Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Siemens hotplate type HLET475YTC wont switch on - the

my Siemens hotplate type HLET475YTC wont switch on - the LEDS at the bottom control panel just keep flashing.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.
If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:
1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.
2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.
The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)
3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)
I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your hotplate?

Also sis it fail during operation or was in that condition one day?

And were there any storms or power interruptions just prior to this incident?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The hot plate is about 8 years old but is only used once every few months.
We noticed it happening one day - the flashing was going on even though it wasn't being used. I tried turning it on but to no avail.
No storms or power interruptions that I know of.
Ed
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Ed for that.

You can try resetting the main control board which is fault and might need replacing if this doesn't help.

Please turn off power at the mains for 30 full minutes.

If that works Great!

But if not you need to replace main control board. Its easy if you are a little bit handy there is no soldering required, it simply plugs in;-)

I will help you do that anyway when you have that board if needed;-)

The best place to get the new control board if you need it is: http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/

But its best to call them to order this part, they will ship it to you the same day you call;-)

Please call Ransom spares: 0844(###) ###-####a href="http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/" target="_blank">Home » Parts » Kitchen Spares » Cookers & Hobs

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day Ed!

Sincerely

Tech Michael