JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a meile dishwasher which currently has an error

I have a meile dishwasher which currently has an error message after running for about four minutes ' Index '
All in and out pipes are clear as are the internal parts including spinning elements.
Does anyone know what the problem is?
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Can you advise the model of dishwaher, what the error code is, and which lights are on the display when the fault occurs.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.
Do you still require assistance, I haven't heard from you in the last few days?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the model no is 05 745 393Ok there is a very faint light on the top right hand corner of the display. I understand it is a Miele G5500 SC here is a photo
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

So the fault is relating to not getting any water.

If your confident the inlet hose is not kinked, and has a good water supply (its not shut off at the service valve), the next likely fault is the inlet valve located at the top of the dish washer itself.

They can often become seized, a replacement inlet valve can be found here for around £50.

I would recommend you have this installed by a qualified engineer, as if it fails it could result in a flood.

If you would like me to recommend a engineer to come out and repair the fault please advise your post code.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please can you recommend an engineer - postcode GU27QH
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Good morning,

I have spoken to our local engineers in the area, due to the proximity to London your looking at around £100 call out fee, to diagnose the fault and issue you a quote, based on the fault being a faulty valve, I would estimate your looking at a further £100 for parts and labour for the repair itself, if you would like to organise GAR to attend they can be contacted on 01483 608330.

However in your case I would recommend you use Miele Service Centre directly, who can be contacted on***********selecting option 1 followed by option 3. They charge a one off fee of £120 for call out and labour, and then your looking at a further £50 for parts, but the benefit is if you advise Miele you suspect its the valve they will attend with a spare valve so should be able to fix the fault in one visit. Also if the dishwasher is under 5 years old, the repair is likely to be free of charge, even if you havent registered it.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

I haven't heard from you in the last few days, please let me know if you need any further assistance, if not I would appreciate if you could rate the service received.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi James thanks for last email will contact Meile
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

No problem appreciate if you can rate the service received so I may close down the question.

James

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.