Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Our fitted fridgefreezer now 14 years old has been great but

Customer Question

Our fitted fridgefreezer now 14 years old has been great but now freezes at the inner back panel which drains to the drainage channel hole. Every three days I have to empty the fridge and break the solid ice lump and mop up water collected at the bottom of the fridge.
The drainage hole is completely clear but the ice build up on the left side of the drainage channel does not clear.
We set the temp control on 2, 3in really hot weather.
Can you advise, please and does Siemens have local technician support in the Dartford/Bromley area
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

This does sound as though the fault could be due to a faulty thermostat, however before booking an engineer I would look to do a full defrost (over 24 hours), and see if the fault reoccurs after a week, as it may just bee there has been a build up of ice behind the fridge compartment you cant see.

If you went directly to Siemens they charge £100 plus parts, in your area. If you can provide your postcode I can recommend a local refrigeration engineer, who would be cheaper than the Siemens service centre charge.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 12 months ago.

I havent heard from you in a few days, and wanted to understand if I can be of any further assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good morning, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good morning, I havent heard from you in a while, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard from you in a while, do you still require assistance?