Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a new Bosch dishwasher type Sl6P1B a red light with a

Hi I have a new Bosch dishwasher type Sl6P1B a red light with a tap symbol is lit up on the machine and it turns on but there is no hot water, I have put salt and rinse aid into the compartments
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 8 months ago.

Is the drain pump running all the time when the red light is on?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How do I know if this happening

You will hear a noise comming from the bottom.

Plus if you open the door and pore a jug of water in there and close the door see if the water drains itself away from there.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can only hear the machine working there is water left in the bottom of the machine when it finishes its cycle

Ok so what is actually happening when you start a new cycle?

Does it fill with water?

Does the wash motor kick in?

Is it not draining the water out?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It fills with water the washing starts but water is cold and the machine and dishes are still very wet at end of cycle

Ok so just to double check it is completeing the cycle but its just in cold water and not drying is this correct?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Ok from the sounds of this its a heating fault you have here. Now its usually either the heater itself or the control board at fault here.

What you need to do if checking this youself is remove the outer metal door and then remove the front plastic control panel.

There you will see the control board.

Remove this and open the plastic casing and remove the board.

From there inspect the board and check for any dry joints or burn marks. As on there as the heater relay and these can give a dry solder joint. So you can resolder this and that usually fixes it.

But if the board looks ok then you need to access the heater element under the dishwasher base and test this for contonuity and if faulty then it needs to be replaced.

Check it out if you are able to and see what you find.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This machine is brand new never being used should it have this problem
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not have the tools or the mechanical know how to do what you are suggesting

Ok didnt relise it was brand new. Its still possibley it can be a fault on the heater or board but its quite rare a brand new one failes.

So when it completes the cycle has the water drained all away?

Or is the water level still above the filter in the bottom of the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The water does not fully drain away also the inside of the machine is wet and the tap symbol is still lit
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The water is above the filter

Ok were does the waste hose go to?

Is it under the sink?

If so then remove the hose from the spigot and check the end is cut off.

Also remove the spigot and check there isnt a blanking cap in there as you should be able to blow through it or see through it.

Check that and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Removed the waster water pipe it looks clear
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
A small amount of water came out of it as I pulled it off

Ok hang the hose into a bucket and start the dishwasher on a cycle. The first thing it should do is pump the water out.

See if it does this.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it does this

Ok if its draining when in the bucket then its blocked somewere in the sink unit. Double check the spigot in there and feel inside the sink trap were the spigot goes to and check theres nothing blocked in there.

The blockage has to be in there if its draining the water out when not connected to the sink trap

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There was a black rubber blocker in the spigot I took it out and left the outer ring

Ok refit the hose on there and retry it and see if it drains the water out then. Just try it on a rinse cycle as thats the quickest cycle to try it on.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok

No worries

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Working fine now thanks for your help cheers

Nice one. Glad to hear its sorted and thanks for letting me know.

If you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.