Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

After our Electrolux EOD 983C11/2 Oven and/or grill have

after our Electrolux EOD 983C11/2 Oven and/or grill have been on for a while, an annoying buzzing noise starts up and continues long after being switched off. After a few years of this you'd think we'd accept it, but................. it's reached the stage when the Guv'ner wants me to do something about it! Any suggestions please before I call an expert in?
Mick
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

From the fault you decribe this is a fault on the cooling fan on the top of the oven thats causing this fault.

What you need to do if checking this yourself is pull the oven out and from there make sure you turn the power off.

Then remove the top cover and there you will see the cooling fan motor. Check this hasnt come loose or catching in there.

If its fine then the cooling fan motor itself will need to be replaced as it will be a noise bearing in there so all you can do is replace the cooling fan motor in here and that will cure the fault for you.

So check it out if you can as from what you describe this is going to be the cooling fan at fault here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Daniel, thanks for the advice, think I'll await daylight hours before tampering with anything.
My reply requires some credit stars for you. As I'm waiting for the morning now I'll give it a 4 and
upgrade if it works, also thanks for prompt response.
regards
Mick