Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Why are there orange crystals blocking the water inlet on my

Why are there orange crystals blocking the water inlet on my washing machine? I clean the filter and they come back. The result is the machine not working because no water gets in.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi, the crystals are a mix of rust and calcium.

The best thing to do is to pick up some CLR, It is a product that clears calcium lime and rust it works very well;-)

It is available in most home improvement stores and hardware stores as well. Basically you soak the fitting ends in this for 2 minutes to clear all that away and restore normal clear operation.

As for the machine fittings simply pour some into the hose and when you connect it, it will clear the filters screes on the machine as well;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
HI MichaelThe "crystals" are like a frogspawn when wet, and like fine caster sugar when they dry out . The input hose is clean, and i have run the water through into a bucket with no obvious sign of these crystals. I can easily remove it from the inlet filter by washing under a tap. It looks like the crystals come from the machine, but that makes no sense, as they are on the outside of the inlet filter. Which implies they come from the water system, but don't appear anywhere else in the house except the washing machine. The machine is used pretty much every day.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

CLR clears all of that mess lol

Or similar product it really works well.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is CLTR a trade name? I've never heard of it...
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I would ask a hardware store person, YES CLR is the name of the product, but there are many others out there that clear calcium, lime and rust which is what you have;-)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK. Give me a couple of days to get some CLR and try it out. The connections remain completely clear, so I'm wondering where it comes from.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

It coming from your water supply ;-)

It can even happen wit so called city water.

I hope it works out for you , Im sure it will;-)

Thank you and have a nice evening.

Sincerely

Tech Michael