Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Bosch iron da50 problems. my wife is having problems with

bosch iron da50 problems. my wife is having problems with the iron tripping the RCCB in the consumer unit. the water is coming out of the filler hole, even with little water in it. the water that comes out goes onto the 2 adjacent switches and trips the breaker. surely this is dangerous? Any remedy
EDDIE
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

Yes this is dangerous!

But also I hate to tell you, yes the parts are available but the cost is almosrt as much as a new iron, so it is time really to replace that one as I would, especially for safety reasons.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the Iron is only just over 2 years old. There are only 2 of us in the house. Are you telling me that a Bosch item is not fit for use after only 2 years? Whats the point of buying an expensive item if it only lasts 2 years/
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, if yours is leaking as it is, and tripping the RCD, then it has a dangerous fault and the system senses that and shuts the unit down. Its a rare occurrence that this happens, but this one has failed in a dangerous way.

I wish I had better news for you I really do. If you want to repair this iron, I can tell you where to get the parts and I will help you all the way though the repair.

But really, if this was mine, I wouldn't spend that much on this repair, I would simply buy a new iron.

Tech Michael