Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Panasonic AT5000e which has developed a fault - it

Hi. I have a Panasonic AT5000e which has developed a fault - it shows a permanent green/blue line down one side of the display. Any clues?
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.
If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:
1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.
2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.
The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)
3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)
I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your AT5000e?

Also did this happen over time or prtty much one day it was there?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Michael. It is 4 years old. Problem started a few months back, at first intermittently, then permanent. I had also noticed a lot of fan noise a few months back and gave the projector a good clean - this got rid of the fan noise, but not the line - but I suspect it may be a bit of heat damage, perhaps?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Since coming on here I also did a bit of searching - this guy's problem looks very similar, although I only have one line!https://www.avforums.com/threads/panasonic-pt-at5000e-3d-projector-discussion-owners-thread-part-2.1655923/page-4
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi thanks for all that information. Unfortunately this one is not user serviceable due to the equipment needed to test the components and the knowledge of this one. But, this one shouldn't be too expensive to fix, even though the damage did likley come from overheating.

Any local shop that fixes TV's can do this one for you with ease;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.