JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Hotpoint RLS175P self defrosting refrigerator which

I have a Hotpoint RLS175P self defrosting refrigerator which kept running continuously. Have replaced the thermostat but the problem is still there , it does not switch off at all.
Expert:  JamesI replied 12 months ago.

If your sure the thermostat is correctly calibrated and working, this would suggest the control PCB has failed, as its effectively still calling for the compressor to run and produce coolant even when the desired temperature has been reached.

You can test this out by placing a variable resister in place of the thermostat and see if the compressor stops running when you increase the resistance, if it doesnt this shows you the PCB has failed.

Should you be considering replacing the PCB, please make sure you buy a pre-programmed PCB.

James