Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a zanussi essentials washer dryer that is stopping

Customer Question

I have a zanussi essentials washer dryer that is stopping within 5seconds of start of a cycle. Tried resetting but keep getting error code Ed1.
Have replaced the main board to not effect.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the full model # of your Washer so I can help you efficiently?

Also how old is your washer?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Zanussi ZWD14270w1###-##-####Approx 5-6 years old
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information,

does it start to fill with water? Also does it seem to matter if you set it for hot or cold water (if you have that)?

And when it stops, what happens other than the error? Anything?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It tries to fill with water. I have tried the cold only as well as the hot. Drain pump works fine, Little bit goes in then nothing, drum does one spin then nothing. Start/stop button freezes. Then have to reset and get error code Ed1. Not a fault listed but found it may be a problem with communication between boards via online searching. I have replaced the main pcb and tried disconnecting the dyer heater. No difference.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, yes I agree that may very well be the issue here.

Did it do exactly the same thing before you replaced the main board?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exactly the same. No difference. Except before I changed the board it was also tripping the main RCD on the house fuse board everyone I tried to select a program.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trying to send video but won't work
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hmmm,

This really sounds like a bad NEW main board.

You would be surprised how many come in this way! Im a feild tech so I see this all the time its frustrating to say the least.

The wiring is almost never the problem. O I suspect you got another one with problems. Make sure also when you return that board, that you tell them to make sure that you have a PRE Programmed PROM.

It sounds like that may very well be the issue, either a non programmed IC or a bad main board.

Thats exactly what I woudl do, and I have been service appliances for over 30 years.

Best chance of quick success that way ;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you know what error code Ed1 is?
Could dyer board need replacing?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

ED 1 is definetly a dryer board fault.

.

If you take the top off and look behind the plastic control panel you will see a small square control board. This is the dryer board. You will need to replace that to cure the fault.

As what will have happened here when the red wire broke of the sensor on the back it will have fallen against the motor which will have cause this board to fail. I've seen it a few times.

Replacing thae dryer board and that should get the washer up and running again.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Red wire and sensor?? Where do I have to look for this? Do I have to repair this so not to damage new board?
Is there no way to isolate the dryer board as don't use the dryer.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, unfortunately no, it requires a signal from the dryer board to the main board for operation.

Its computer style, (handshake conditions).

You need that board to make it run even a wash cycle correctly as it is fully integrated.

I wish I had better news for you I do. Please rate kindly so I can stick with you through this process.

No additional cost to rate either.

Sincerely

Tech Michael