Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Beko DL 1243AP dishwasher won't fill with water.

Customer Question

Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that.

Is there any voltage going to the inlet valve when you activate the cycle?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, I am fairly sure that the inlet valve is not being driven by any voltage, I tried twice: once with the multimeter set to AC (1,000 range) then started the cycle, and again with mutlimeter set to DC (voltage range).For ref, to be able to access the machine on its side, I have to disconnect the mains water. But as this goes directly to the inlet valve, it can't sense that the water is disconnected. After the initial empty/drain at start of the cycle should I be able to hear a click as the inlet valve solenoid is actuated?BTW this machine is only 18mths old, and there was no flooding or leaks.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for that, unfortunately this means the main control board is failing.

It needs to be replaced, it makes sense since it so new as well.

It happens a lot , I have been repairing DW's for over 30 years hands on lol.

The best place to get a new main board is: http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/

Its best to call they will ship that to you today;-)

No soldering required, just plugs in.

Please call Ransom Spares:0844(###) ###-####a href="http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/" target="_blank">Home » Parts » Kitchen Spares » Dishwashers » Beko

I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please will you describe how to access the control board. Please check if this is the part you mean. http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/dishwashers/beko/control-card/157903.htmI have to leave home now so will check again later. Thx
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi you need to remove the door screws that afix the two panels together to get to that board.

I will be here all day tomorrow if you need me further.

Have a nice night.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello MichaelI fitted a new main controller PCB as you suggested, but this did not fix the problem!I then managed to download a schematic diagram and could see that there should be a direct cable connection between the water inlet valve and the controller PCB (the only green cable in the wiring loom). But this was open circuit and there was no connection, so I removed the door and checked the wiring loom near the hinged opening - the green cable was broken and black at the break. Worse than that, two of the other cables were damaged and in very poor condition, and clearly wouldn't last very long. As I don't wish to replace the wiring loom, I am going to scrap this 18 mth old dishwasher and purchase a new one.However, I am very upset that you did not advise me to check the connection between the inlet valve and the controller board instead of advising me to order a replacement controller PCB. I made it clear that I had a multi meter when I advised you that I had measured the resistance of the inlet valve.Please let me have your comments as soon as possible.
Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.

Hi, the connection between the inlet valve and the controller is almost never the problem. Its either the inlet valve or the control board in most cases, like 99%.

In the 30 yeas I have been servicing dishwashers hands on I have never sen that to be the case.

Im sorry it was like this on your machine, Really I am, but its so rare and I cant be there to test everything so all I can do is advise to the best possible solution. I rely on the customer to check these other things when they get into the machines;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.

In a addition, I am here for you to ask me anything during the repair as well.

So I would have mentioned that at some point during the troubleshooting phase if you asked.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Tech Michael