JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have an american style fridge/freezer model EV220APS. The

Customer Question

I have an american style fridge/freezer model EV220APS. The problem appears to be with the freezer section. the bottom shelves are cold enough but the top section does not get cold enough for the ice tray to produce ice. it stays as water.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

In most cases this is caused by a build up of frost, and suggest you do a 24 hours defrost.

Once defrosted if the freezer still doesnt get below freezing in the top compartment I would switch the super freeze function on, and leave for 6 hours and see if this results in the cubes forming.

Should ice be formed when super freeze is on, this would suggest there is a fault with the thermostat on the freezer, whereby its not controlling the temperature correctly (a freezer should be around -18 degrees).

Please let me know how you get on, I am hopeful a simple defrost will resolve your issue, if it turns out to be the thermostat I suggest you look to arrange an engineer, at which case if you provide me your post code I can recommend someone in your area.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have tried all of what you recommend. Thought it might be the thermostat. LE16 8PW
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

I would recommend you go directly to Beko who charge £126 (including parts and labour) for a one time repair, the local engineers we have used previously in your area do not work with the Beko american style fridge freezers. I should also add, if you wanted to have a years warranty for your fridge your looking at an additional £50, however the chance of it going wrong in the same year is remote.

You can contact Beko service centre on*********** selecting option 1 followed by option 2.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

I haven't heard from you in the last day or so, please let me know if you need any further assistance, if not I would appreciate if you could rate the service received.

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.
I haven't heard from you in the last few days, please let me know if you need any further assistance, if not I would appreciate if you could rate the service received.Many thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.
I havent heard from you in a few days, and wanted to understand if I can be of any further assistance?

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good morning, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?