JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We had our dryer modified on 5 Sep by Engineer 50285. Since

Customer Question

We had our dryer modified on 5 Sep by Engineer 50285. Since then we have had trouble
with it. When we use the dryer, the electric trips off in the fuse box.
We have contacted our supplier, who say the fault is not with them.
Advice pls.
Tony Heaton
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tony, can you advise what modification you requested from the engineer?

The most likely reason for a fuse box trip is earth leakage, caused by a faulty connection or something which isnt properly grounded.

Once I know what the engineer was doing, I can give you an indication as to what might be causing the nuisance tripping.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Engineer's appt was to do with appliances catching fire. On the work sheet that he left, he replaced the Drum Assy Kit and
a IT condenser. The dryer is an Indesit , model 30617,ser no###-##-#### We have never had any problems before the visit.Tony H
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tony,

This isnt an exact science as there isnt a fault code given by the dryer, based on probability it will be the condenser which isnt properly connected or grounded.

The only way to diagnose the fault is to strip the unit down, and test components in turn, I assume the fault occurs after a while of being on (not straight away)?
Certainly I would look to get the engineer back as at least the warranty they should have provided should cover a few months, it is for them to diagnose the fault and show you it was another component at fault (eg motor), at which point you can then agree with them to replace the motor or find another engineer to do the work.

If you do not get anywhere contacting the original engineers, please provide your post code, and I can recommend a engineer in your area who can come out diagnose the fault, and then you have evidence you can submit to the original company, and claim compensation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible to recall the original engineer ? Also will I get my £20 back for making a "in good faith" call - it would seem that
the fault was caused by the modification going wrong.
Tony Heaton
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Are you referring to a £20 paid to Just answer, or the engineer?

Any payment made to just answer, is to cover the cost of my time in helping you get to the bottom of the fault, which in this case looks likely to be a hardware fault induced by the modification made by the previous engineer.

I am only paid for assisting you once you rate the service received from me, however should you wish to seek a refund I can speak to customer services, at which point my time helping you today will be at my own cost.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I havent heard from you in a few days, and wanted to understand if I can be of any further assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?