Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a stoves built in gas double oven 900GDO. When using

I have a stoves built in gas double oven 900GDO . When using the gas grill the one control knob on the right hand side is getting hot and infact now starting to melt out of shape . The fans in this top oven and grill are not working properly and make a terrible row . I would rather have this repaired rather than replace but it depends on the cost .Thank you Phil and Kath Thompson
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Phil and Kath, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your 900GDO ?

I will give you my bst advice on this at that point;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
installed march 2007
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the top oven and grill used daily . bottom oven not used a great deal
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information.

This is caused by poor ventilation. Since this problem just began, and is overheating like that, its really not the valve control that is to blame. It is that this one is need of a professional cleaning, also while they are out there to you they can replace the bad knob.

Its just a common issue with these and they really should be serviced at least once every two years;-)

Any local gas appliance repair technician can do this for you with ease, and it isn't an expensive maintenance job.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have had new rubber seals fitted to both ovens. do you think the top oven fan has gone due to the noise it makes . the bottom oven fan sounds smooth and strong but the top oven fan sounds rough and knackered
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, its possible something is wrong, maybe just a bad regulator?

But only a tech can tell for sure when they see it.

But it could just need a cleaning, they will sometimes become noisy when tey are becoming sooted up as well.