Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My freezer keeps producing too much ice,then i cant close

Hi my freezer keeps producing too much ice,then i cant close the door would it be because the door fronts are off 2 of them? Thank you
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your freezer?

Also may I have the Full model # of your freezer?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

I just sent the offer so I can call, please accept that and I can call;-)

sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi sorry but for another 8 pounds i would be cheaper calling some one out! It is 8 years old and the model number is ***** 20064017003036103009-03
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Could it be the door seal?????
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi thats ok, we can handle it here.

Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

A couple of things will cause this issue, one is the door seal, if it looks bad it needs to be replaced.

Its easy to do and I will help you no extra cost when you have the seal.

Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

One min please....

Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

It also could be one of the three defrost components that may have failed. But first let me know how the door seal looks, any gaps anywhere etc?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi it does not seam to have the suction when closing it,even when its defrosted.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Ok thats a good telltale sign.

The best place to get a new door seal is: http://www.espares.co.uk/

I would call them to place the order for the new seal, usually if you call, they will ship it the same day you call;-)

Please call Espares: 0844 9777 888 .

Also you will be sure to get the correct one for your freezer the first time lol ;-)

Once you have it please reply to me here so I can tll you how to do replace that.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you....have a good day
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

You're very welcome, please rate kindly at this time;-)

Have a wonderful day!

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi they are discontinued :(
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi, , yes, sometimes that happens;-(

I will see if there is any surplus shop that may still have some f those for oyu.

It may take me a day to find them;-)

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely

Tech Michael