Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Nef induction hob. It's a Neff Ceran Schott

Customer Question

I have a Nef induction hob . It's a Neff Ceran Schott(###) ###-#### The lights on the hob which indicate the heat levels for the various plates just keep on spinning around and the plates do not heat up.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your induction hob?

Also were there any pwer outages or storms just prior to this issue?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The hob is about 5 years old. As far as I'm aware there were no power outages or storms before this started to happen.If it helps in any way I have a short video of what is happening.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for that information,

Please try one thing for me so I can be sure of the problem.

Please switch off the hob at the mains for 30 full minutes. Then you can turn it back on. If the processor in the main control board simply glitched as they can, this will solve the issue.

If not please let me know. And we will go from there;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay. I will do this when I get home this evening and get back in touch with you. Many thanks. Rating you highly will be no problem:)
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Sounds good.

Let me know how how that all goes;-)

Have a nice day.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Great thanks. Meirion
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Hi Meirion,

Tip: If you do rate you get 30 day access on this with me ;-) In case you need further assistance, no additional cost;-)

Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, MichaelThe tenant at the house where the hob is located tried turning it off and then back on again. When he did this the hob died completely! Before doing this it showed the fault codes 3 and 8. It sounds maybe that I need to buy a new hob!ThanksMeirion
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Hi Meririon,

You would need a new main control board.

But you might want to simply replace the machine at this point .Please let me know on that I'll hep if you want to replace the board?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think that you are right. I'll go an buy a new one.Thanks for your helpful and prompt service. This issue has now been resolved.Meirion
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

I wish you the best with your new Hob;-)

Thank you Meirion.

Tech Mike;-)