JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My ideal combi 24 is not heating the water. On the dial I am

My ideal combi 24 is not heating the water.
On the dial I am getting L AND 2 ALTERNATE.
What can I do to rectify this problem?
D Smith
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

An L2 fault code stands for Lock Out Type 2, which is a fault igniting.

Attached is the engineer fault finding chart for your boiler, this is certainly something which is repairable, however most likely to be a hardware fault, and therefore need a gas safe engineer to attend and strip down the boiler, I dont believe this is anything to do with the thermostat, most likely a blocked condensate drain or failed heat\flame sensor (which detects the presence of the pilot flame when the boiler starts).

From a consumer perspective the only thing I can suggest is check the condensate drain isnt blocked, which should be a plastic pipe which goes into the bottom of the boiler.

If you would like me to recommend a boiler engineer, please provide your postcode.

James

s are lockout codes, this specific