Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an oil aga, although it's still alight the

I have an oil aga, although it's still alight the temperature is dropping even though I have turned it up.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your furnace?

And when was the last time it was serviced?

If you can find me the model # that woudl help as well. I have been a heating and air tech fro over 30 years I can help;-)

Tech Michael

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it is due a service, which I have booked, however the wick was replaced recently. It's a large aga with 2 main ovens plus warming and bread oven. Can we do anything to get the temp up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure how old the furnace is as we have only moved into the house recently. The aga is about 17 years old
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi thank you for all that helpful information.

The problem is that the unit just needs a cleaning and then a readjustment.

What happens occasionally , is they soot up inside the baffles etc, and they will heave just like this because only part of the system is actually getting the heat from the wick. It happens that the soot build up over time doesn't conduct heat very well and acts as an insulator. So I a ms ure now that all you really need is a basic tune up and cleaning ;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Michael. Will give you a good rating
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome;-)

Enjoy your home!