Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Belling 48422 mixer. I was mixing icing. I stopped

I have a Belling 48422 mixer. I was mixing icing. I stopped it to put in more sugar. it wouldn't start when i turned it on again and the wee light keeps blinking. What's wrong?
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Can you advise which light is blinking?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The light underneath the beam which lifts up. The beam has the motor and the attachment for the mixing tools.
Yvonne
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The light which keeps blinking is underneath the beam which you lift when finished beating. It is the only light on the mixer.
Yvonne.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi I am Tech Michael.

How old is your mixer?

Also does it get a lot of use?

Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi Yvonne, thank you for that info, I have the service manual up for that one anyway lol.

Has it has a lot of use and how old is your mixer?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The mixer is three or four year old. No, it does not get a big lot of use. I didn't get a manual with this machine. It was the last one on the shop shelf. They put it in a Belling box but there was no manual when I got home. I thought it might have stopped because it had heated up though it had not been on very long. Anyhow I let it sit for a wee while and then tried it. Nothing happened except this blinking light. It is probably trying to tell me something but without a manual to consult I'm lost. Hope you can help. Yvonne.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi Yvonne, here is a link to the user manual, you can either print the pages, or save it on your computer for future use.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/738351/Belling-48422.html

Please check the trouble shooting part. but what usually fails in this case is the motor brushes, but since yours is so new it may be the safety switch.

Also the issue could be that the motor is just stuck you can tap it a bit with a rubber mallet, make sure the unit is unplugged first!

And tap at the back end on top, not hard enough to cause damage to the casing.

Please let me know how that goes, If that doesn't work you will need to replace the motor brushes.

I can help you with where to get the parts and I will help you all the way to replace them, its an easy task.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.