Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a tall indesit freezer and all three lights are lit

we have a tall indesit freezer and all three lights are lit up when I open the door and the contents are beginning to thaw
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Also are the lights just lit or are they flashing?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I cannot see the model number and the lights are flashing
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

Ok is this just a freezer only?

How many dials are there at the top? Is there 1 or 2?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the power light is green and constant, the freeze light and red light either side are flashing
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
1 dial
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

Ok thats great.

What you need to do is turn that dial anticlockwise to off position.

Wait a few seconds for the lights to go off then turn it back on and this will reset the flashing lights from there.

Then see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed its a one off and will be fine but if the lights start flashing again a few hours later then its picking up a fault in there.

Its more then likely too much ice built up around the fan and drain channel. What you need to do is either remove the evaporator cover at the top inside the freezer and clear the ice from there.

Or the easy way is find somewere to put your food and then empty the freezer and turn it off for 24 hours and keep the freezer door open.

This will allow the ice to melt itself from the back in there.

Then turn it back on and reset the lights again if flashing and that will cure the fault from there for you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think the model is UIAA 12
I have turned the dial off and then turned it on again, and the lights are no longer flashing.Thank you
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

See how it goes from there. Fingers crossed it just needed resetting but if it flashes again then you need to defrost it as the drain channel at the back inside the freezer will be blocked with all ice as we see this alot.

If you could remember to rate the answer as well that would be great. You can still get back to me on this even after rating so that isnt a problem.